Deadline: 30 January 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership in managing the technical networks, communities and partnerships under the EPI-WIN initiative, establishing governance mechanism and community of practice platforms.
- Initiate new amplification communities, identify community needs and provide tailored solutions so that communities operate as a WHO amplification community during health emergencies
- Build cross-departmental partnerships and buy-in of technical units in collaborating and developing joint information products in health emergencies.
- Support the management team to develop preparedness strategies for high impact events, e.g. the WHE Blueprint for Pandemic Preparedness, including writing, collation of feedback, organisation of stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborate with technical leads in the department and with cross cutting project teams the development, implementation and monitoring of the technical and operational work plans in line with the GPW13.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Level Degree (Master’s level or above) in public health.
- At least 7 year’s of documented public health work experience in an international environment.
- Proven project management experience and experience working with Ministries of Health and partners.
- Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of WHO rules and regulations.
- Experience in infectious diseases global program.
- Demonstrated ability in the production of high-quality technical documents.
- Skilled in all aspects of the development and operation of information systems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.