Deadline: 9 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical guidance on appropriate design, deployment and institutionalization of health informatics and digital health interventions in line with National eHealth Strategy, eHealth and Integrated Health Information Management System (IHIMS) Roadmaps, and WHO Global and Regional Digital Health Strategies, Action Plans, and Guidance.
- Provide hands-on technical support on the effective assessment, situation analysis, design, planning, deployment, expansion, and sustainability of information and communications technology (ICT)-enabled solutions across the health system for prioritizing, planning, delivering, monitoring and management of health services, public health interventions such as immunization and specific information systems essential for each health systems building block.
- Support the development and implementation of a health information architecture to enable standards-based, interoperable Health Information Exchange (HIE) for smooth information flow to benefit all public health programmes and public health emergency risk management interventions.
- Support HMIS/DHIS2 to integrate various streams of health information systems and strengthen mechanisms and capacity for data quality assurance; timeliness and completeness of reporting effective analysis generation of information products and seamless sharing of relevant information and products across different public health programmes and public health emergency management interventions.
- Enable the adaptation and roll out of robust epidemiological and laboratory based surveillance, case investigation and contact tracing systems and their harmonized functioning in an integrated manner at the national and sub-national levels for early identification of potential public health events and outbreaks and enabling rapid response for their containment such as the IMU application, SORMAS, Go.Data, WHONET etc.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Health Informatics or Public Health or Business / Health Administration with a Master’s Degree in any of the above disciplines or in Epidemiology or Global / International Health from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Postgraduate Degree in life sciences and health statistics or data analytics or information management.
- Training in humanitarian / health sector response in emergencies would be desirable.
- At least 7 year’s relevant experience in the areas of health analytics, health informatics operations, digital health applications in surveillance / epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Experience in formulation, planning, management and reporting on projects in any area related to health informatics.
- Demonstrate ability in planning, organization and management of health information systems and digital health solutions, and capability to relate to and clearly articulate and advocate for health information systems strengthening concepts and operations at various levels of the health system, taking account of the health needs, political and technical constraints and resource limitation
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.