Deadline: 12 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Emergency Preparedness) in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer (Emergency Preparedness) will perform the following functions:
- Adapt infectious risk management policies, concepts, tools and global strategies and manage their implementation at the country level for the prevention and, where possible, elimination of epidemic diseases / risks.
- Work with partners, improve approaches and methods of epidemic control in different epidemiological situations, develop periodic reports on infectious risk activities, support information systems and facilitate integration with national information systems sanitary.
- Contribute to surveillance and risk analysis related to infectious diseases.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University degree in medicine, in a field related to health or in a discipline related to public health.
- Master’s degree or post-graduate training in public health or other relevant fields (such as epidemiology, infectious diseases).
- Specialized training in emergency preparedness and response.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience at the national level in the planning, development and implementation of programs / projects in the field of health security, including emergency preparedness.
- Knowledge of the International Health Regulations (2005), the epidemiology of infectious diseases and other threats to global health security, as well as issues and practices related to the prevention and control of diseases.
- Meaning of the organization, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and produce results under pressure.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system and the humanitarian system for emergency response and preparedness.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.