Deadline: 4 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer, Health Financing in Libreville, Gabon. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Technical Officer, Health Financing is responsible to develop and implement health systems based on primary health care, supporting universal coverage.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer, Health Financing will perform the following functions:
- Advise Member States in the sub-region on the harmonized development and update of health economic and health financing strategies including but not limited to assessments and evaluations, estimating the costs of disease burdens and the cost-effectiveness of interventions, support health policies, strategies and plans development, reviews and assessments recommending strategic options taking into consideration the country economic and financial status.
- Provide technical advice and support on financial analyses including National Health Accounts to support national health strategies and plans and their monitoring, including data collection and analysis, interpretation and dissemination of findings.
- Work with partners (e.g. African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) to ensure integration of priority programmes (e.g., malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, RMNCH and advice on scorecards for accountability and reporting on trends.
- Produce periodic reports to share lessons and information between member states on health economics and health financing best practices and maintain relevant databases.
- Coordinate activities on the economic and financial analysis health systems and services with partners within and outside WHO, sub-regional health officials, and relevant technical experts to compile quality-assured and scientifically validated health related economic and financial data.
- Support the development or revision of norms, standards, guidelines and tools to support health financing policies and strategies.
- Support the implementation of WHO Resolutions pertaining health financing, social protection and the analysis of budgets and financing including National Health Accounts at the sub-regional and national levels in a proactive manner.
- Support Team Leader, HSG in the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets, advocacy and resource mobilization strategies, as well as providing advice and guidance to sub-regional and regional partners.
- Produce projects proposals based the needs and demands of countries.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate degree in health economics.
- At least 7 year’s experience in economic and financial analysis, financial protection, evaluation of health projects at national and international levels, including experience in economic and financial analysis, conducting National Health Accounts exercises, with experience in data collection and management.
- Track record in conducting economic and financial analyses and performing evaluations of public health strategies and programmes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports, documents and guidelines in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners taking into account the political and resource contexts.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Basic knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.