Deadline: 22 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (NCD Policy) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 24 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer (NCD Policy) will perform the following functions:
- Provide guidance and support to countries on implementation of national commitments in the high-level UN Political Declarations.
- Develop guidelines, strategies and facilitate implementation and evaluation of non-communicable disease-related multisectoral policies and plans in SEAR countries.
- Support SEAR Member States to strengthen NCD governance and accountability system, including multisectoral coordination mechanisms.
- Regularly review the implementation status of different policies across the Region and compile & disseminate the best practices on policy content as well as implementation practices with the Member States.
- Facilitate implementation of “One WHO Workplan on NCDs” especially participate and support activities of global and regional co-ordination mechanisms, including UN Interagency task force on NCD.
- Advocate for inclusion of NCD prevention and control into the national socio-economic development and investment plans and policies; and overall health system development strategy/policy/plan.
- Participate in and report, as necessary, on various NCD resolutions and progress reports to SEAR governing bodies.
- Coordinate with various technical units to monitor and report on regional flagship deliverables and indicators.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by supervisors.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in health from recognized university(s).
- Training in the areas of medicine, public health, health system management.
- Postgraduate or doctoral degree in public health, health system.
- At least 7 year’s of relevant experience, including considerable experience obtained in an international context, in the field of public health, health policy, health system management.
- Vast experience in health policy and planning, health system management and health policy and system research, preferably related to NCD and risk factors.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.