Deadline: 15 June 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist, Reproductive Health Commodity Systems in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a worlTechnical Specialist, Reproductive Health Commodity Systems at United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), New York, United Statesd where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Specialist, Reproductive Health Commodity Systems will perform the following functions-
- Strategic technical support and monitoring
- Deliver sound and expeditious management of RH commodity plans and expenditures as indicated in the UNFPA supplies programme document and annual plans.
- Coordinate and provide strategic technical oversight in the area of national consensus RH commodity forecasting among all local stakeholders, including the MOH, USAID, and the major non-government organizations (NGOs) with a presence in-country.
- Provide technical guidance to country offices in regulating and normalizing RH commodity requirements and requests in close coordination with the other RH Technical Specialists within CSB.
- Engage on a regular basis with the Coordinated Supply Planning (CSP) and other relevant coordinating bodies to harmonize the global procurement of Family Planning commodities to maximize value for the money provided by donors.
- Capacity development
- Provide technical guidance to country offices in regulating and normalizing RH commodity requirements and requests.
- Instruct country office focal persons on the appropriate and required recording and reporting of RH commodity disbursements in such a way so as to be fully compliant with UNFPA policies.
- Provide strategic technical advice and oversight in the area of national consensus RH commodity forecasting among all local stakeholders, including the MoH, USAID, and the major NGOs with a presence in-country.
- Evidence and knowledge development and dissemination
- Assist in the process of identifying, analyzing and synthesizing state-of-the-art technical knowledge and evidence in RHCS.
- Contribute to the successful execution of impact evaluations and provide support in developing a prioritized operational research agenda for UNFPA.
- Make significant contributions to UNFPA’s analytic work program to ascertain lessons-learned from implementation and to refine methodologies for effective RHCS within a decentralized planning and budgeting context.
- Technical representation
- Represent UNFPA on the Coordinated Supplies Planning (CSP) working group and the RH Supplies Coalition.
- Represent UNFPA successfully with global development partners on issues and initiatives related to supply coordination to meet country requirements.
- Collaborate with UN agencies, academia, research and training institutions, professional societies, and act as focal point for inter-agency working groups in the substantive area.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Branch Chief or Division Director.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in public health, pharmacy, medicine, sociology, demography, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related fields.
- 7 year’s of relevant progressively responsible professional experience, including experience at the international level.
- Substantive experience in RH commodity quantification, forecasting, supply management, warehousing, distribution, logistics information systems.
- Field experience, at country or regional level working on RHCS related programme is an asset.
- Familiarity with UNFPA core issues – and, more specifically, with Family Planning.
- General knowledge of the principles and operational aspects of integrated reproductive health care.
- Proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.