Deadline: 25 April 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Chief, Risk Factors and Nutrition in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Unit Chief, Risk Factors and Nutrition will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical and strategic advice and policy and programmatic direction for technical cooperation at the regional and sub-regional levels, for nutrition and the prevention and control of noncommunicable disease (NCD) risk factors including tobacco, physical inactivity and harmful use of alcohol, in order to strengthen capacities of Member States to respond to the burden of NCDs and related risks.
- Lead the Organization´s technical cooperation to support Member States in the implementation and execution of the relevant topics in the PAHO Sustainable Health Agenda for the Americas 2018-2030.
- Advise Member States on the development of their national noncommunicable disease prevention and control programs, including regulation of risk factors, and in identifying research priorities.
- Develop and strengthen the dialogue, interaction and collaboration with governmental sectors other than health, United Nations (UN) agencies, academia, civil society and private industry in line with WHO guidance on avoiding conflicts of interest, in order to foster intersectoral approaches to tackle NCDs and related risks, as well as to promote optimal nutrition and physical activity.
- Guide the development and dissemination of best practices for the management of NCD risk factors and nutrition within the Organization, including at country level.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in a health, biological or social science and a Master’s Degree in public health or in any other field related to the functions of the position, from a recognized institution.
- Ph.D. Degree in one of the public health disciplines, health risk analysis and management would be an asset.
- 13 year’s of combined national and international progressively responsible experience in noncommunicable diseases, and/or nutrition.
- At least 5 year’s should include supervision, management and /or coordination of multinational activities.
- Experience should include technical cooperation at a senior decision-making level in institutions concerned with public health management.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.