Deadline: 14 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant (Vector Control) in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Assistant (Vector Control) will perform the following functions-
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Oversee vector control activities.
- Supervise sprayers.
- Take part in annual cycle general camp spraying.
- Conduct health education on vector control.
- Community mobilization during vector control activities.
- Keep up to date records on the number of structures covered in a day and amount of insecticides used.
- Carry out tap stand assessment and drainage of larvae.
- Conduct assessment of households with Vector and do sporadic spraying.
- Report to the WASH Assistant –Solid waste about spotted dead animals that require collection.
- Participate in Monthly environmental sanitation promotion campaigns organized by the sector.
- Supervise daily activities of section-based sanitation workers and direct them to areas of concern.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Technical background in Public/Environmental Health.
- Minimum of Diploma in Public Health, Environmental Health, Environmental Engineering or similar relevant discipline.
- Proven practical Knowledge in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes in a humanitarian and development programmes.
- Experience in vector control.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Fluency in Kiswahili is highly desirable.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.