Deadline: 26 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Cluster Coordinator in Kyiv, Ukraine.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Establish a coordination mechanism suitable to liaise with Government of Ukraine (GoU) and de facto authorities in Non-Government Controlled Areas elements that is inclusive of recovery and development actors, and which is sufficiently inclusive to aspects of coordination required by other infrastructure considerations, including but not limited to WASH, electricity and urban heating.
- Build on WASH Cluster coordination mechanisms.
- Work with the OCHA Information Management Specialist to develop appropriate supportive strategies. Adopt and promote the use of global standards for information management for inter-operability.
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making.
- Use GIS mapping for map production and geographic data management.
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way, including website management.
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation.
- Maintain monthly reporting from Cluster participants, including 5W (‘Who does What, Where, When and for Whom?’) databases.
- Support the estimation of spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of Cluster activities and projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behaviour change communication, sanitary engineering, Utility Engineering, Environment or Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are required.
- Minimum 8 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster is required.
- Formal training and experience in cluster coordination is required.
- 1 year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- At least 6 months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge in Russian/Ukrainian desirable.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.