Deadline: 26 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Cluster Coordinator in Kyiv, Ukraine.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Establish a coordination mechanism suitable to liaise with Government of Ukraine (GoU) and de facto authorities in Non-Government Controlled Areas elements that is inclusive of recovery and development actors, and which is sufficiently inclusive to aspects of coordination required by other infrastructure considerations, including but not limited to WASH, electricity and urban heating.
- Build on WASH Cluster coordination mechanisms.
- Work with the OCHA Information Management Specialist to develop appropriate supportive strategies. Adopt and promote the use of global standards for information management for inter-operability.
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making.
- Use GIS mapping for map production and geographic data management.
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way, including website management.
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation.
- Maintain monthly reporting from Cluster participants, including 5W (‘Who does What, Where, When and for Whom?’) databases.
- Support the estimation of spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of Cluster activities and projects.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behaviour change communication, sanitary engineering, Utility Engineering, Environment or Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are required.
- Minimum 8 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster is required.
- Formal training and experience in cluster coordination is required.
- 1 year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- At least 6 months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge in Russian/Ukrainian desirable.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.