Deadline: 9 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Coordinator in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Lead the strategic set up and development of a WASH programme/strategy for DRC’s public health response affecting IDPs, returnees, irregular migrants, refugees and asylum seekers and host communities in Libya.
- Ensure that the strategy is informed by sound analysis, with consultations with teams and concerned stakeholders and that programmes strategies are devised in promotion of DRC’s values, culture and beliefs; and that the strategy is protection, gender and conflict sensitive.
- Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction collaboratively with DRC teams and the sector. Conduct KAP assessments and other rapid needs assessments of the situation to set up DRCs WASH programme (initially in Tripolitania).
- Develop and review program monitoring and implementation tools/guidance docs such as SOPs, tools and forms on a wide-range of public health/hygiene promotion issues such as IEC material development, community mobilisation, mass campaigns, market based modalities in WASH, school hygiene promotion, infection prevention and control in urban displacement out of camps (UDOC) modalities.
- Representation and coordination
- Represent DRC towards external stakeholders, including humanitarian partners, donors, authorities, embassies etc. on ongoing protection needs, trends. Act as DRC’s focal point for all coordination forums related to WASH.
- In coordination with the Head of Programme & the Programme Coordination Unit, collaborate with the different entities and focal points within DRC at the regional and global level on programmatic issues related to WASH advocacy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject, such as Public health, social sciences etc.
- At least 5-years’ experience in the fields of working for international humanitarian organizations in complex conflict settings, including as a minimum 3- year’s experience in a managerial capacity in public health promotion programming – preferably in the Middle East.
- Previous experience working in context of urban programming displacement in volatile settings.
- Good understanding of the public health needs of displaced urban communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them.
- Sound knowledge of good hygiene practices and of waterborne diseases prevention.
- Demonstrable capacity in public health promotion programming (hygiene promotion and community mobilisation modalities in urban setting, IEC material development, designing campaigns/curricula for
- behaviour change etc).
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out KAP surveys and rapid needs assessment and starting up programming.
- Demonstrate ability in conceptual, analytical and critical thinking with the ability to develop programmatic or advocacy strategies towards greater quality and impact.
- Demonstrate ability in thinking creatively and practically to improve the quality of programming and achieve greater impact Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills – with the ability to transfer skills/knowledge remotely.
- Ability to work flexibly in a diverse team; with proven leadership skills and adept at creating a strong team spirt.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.