Deadline: 2 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Accra, Ghana.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement, Monitor and Evaluate USP in Ghana, ensuring overall efficiency and effectiveness and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
- Manage the implementation of the USP in a rigorous and transparent manner to ensure efficient/timely programme delivery and stakeholder engagement.
- Work together with partners, to support the WASH team in providing technical support, guidance and oversight to UNICEF COVID19 WASH response in urban areas.
- Ensure that UNICEF provides appropriate, targeted and effective emergency preparedness and emergency response support to the government.
- Provide support for sector review and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and meetings with intra/inter-department and government counterparts.
- Mentor and train government WASH staff at the local level in the principles and processes of WASH, enabling them to effectively participate in implementation and bringing about social change, especially around ending open by building and using household toilets.
- Work closely and collaboratively with local government officials and other partners, NGOs and bilateral agencies in the different stages of USP implementation to provide technical support and guidance on appropriate technical, financial and institutional capacity building measures to achieve programme goals.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Environmental Management, Health Education, Civil Engineering or any other WASH related areas.
- Advanced University Degree is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive professional experience in Water/Sanitation/Hygiene related programme in UN/Government/ NGO/Private sector.
- Good inter-personal skills and strong understanding of the local cultures and values.
- Experience on the implementation of urban sanitation programming is a significant asset.
- Experience on sanitation financing and marketing is a significant asset.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.