Deadline: 14 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Draft requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Civil or Sanitary Engineering, and/or another relevant technical field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Fluency in English and local languages (Dari & Pashto) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.