Deadline: 22 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer (Emergencies) in Bangui, Central Africa Republic.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer (Emergencies) will perform the following functions:
- Program development and planning
- Write updates for WASH in the situation analysis to inform the development of WASH-related outcomes and outputs.
- Research and report on WASH trends, for use in program development, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Prepare technical reports and contributions for the preparation and documentation of the program, ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the information.
- Contribute to the development / establishment of WASH-related results and outputs, as well as related strategies, by analyzing the needs and priorities of the WASH sector.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Program management, monitoring and dissemination of results
- Work in collaboration with colleagues and partners to collect / analyze / share information on implementation problems, provide solutions on routine program implementation and alert appropriate managers and stakeholders for higher level interventions and / or decisions.
- Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and / or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sector reviews with the government and other counterparts and prepare reports on the results of actions / interventions required at the higher level of program management.
Applicants must have:
- Higher University Degree (Doctorate or Master) in one of the following fields is required: Hydraulics, Civil engineering, public health, social sciences, communication for behavior change, sanitary engineering or other relevant technical field (Others relevant postgraduate diplomas / courses that complement the main diploma are an important asset).
- First University Degree (Master’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s of professional experience may be accepted instead of a higher university degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programs for developing countries is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in WASH emergency programming is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.