Deadline: 13 April 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Assistant in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 8 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH/Shelter Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions and community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- With the support of the Wash/Shelter officer, establish and train the local community committees for shelter and wash project.
- In collaboration with Wash/Shelter Officer, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary households and correctly fill project related forms and questionnaires.
- Explain to the beneficiaries the project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents.
- Implement Wash and shelter construction activities, conduct technical damage assessment and the approval of work quality and ensure better management project tools.
- With the support of the Wash/Shelter Officer and Wash/Shelter coordinator, provide the drafts of technical drawings, Bill of Quantity, site plan and technical specification notes for Wash and shelter projects.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (preferably in Public Health, WASH or Engineering.
- At least 3 year’s experience in implementing Shelter and WASH projects within a humanitarian/recovery context especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbal and written is required.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.