Deadline: 13 April 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Assistant in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 8 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH/Shelter Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions and community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- With the support of the Wash/Shelter officer, establish and train the local community committees for shelter and wash project.
- In collaboration with Wash/Shelter Officer, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary households and correctly fill project related forms and questionnaires.
- Explain to the beneficiaries the project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents.
- Implement Wash and shelter construction activities, conduct technical damage assessment and the approval of work quality and ensure better management project tools.
- With the support of the Wash/Shelter Officer and Wash/Shelter coordinator, provide the drafts of technical drawings, Bill of Quantity, site plan and technical specification notes for Wash and shelter projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (preferably in Public Health, WASH or Engineering.
- At least 3 year’s experience in implementing Shelter and WASH projects within a humanitarian/recovery context especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbal and written is required.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.