Deadline: 31 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Coordinator in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 5 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH/Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- In close collaboration with the WASH/Shelter PM expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s WASH and Shelter projects Anbar area program.
- In close collaboration with WASH/Shelter PM or Specialists, develop appropriate modalities for project activity implementation (contractor driven, community driven, owner driven, tenant driven or mixed modality).
- In close collaboration with WASH/Shelter PM, develop for both Wash and Shelter awareness and information / education / communication (IEC) materials, beneficiary and community engagement tools, and minimum standard specifications for WASH project implementation.
- Manage the NRC project staff, providing on the job technical training as required to increase the capacity of the team.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (preferably in Public Health, WASH or Engineering.
- At least 3 year’s experience in implementing Shelter and WASH projects within a humanitarian/recovery context especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbal and written is required.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.