Deadline: 31 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH/Shelter Coordinator in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 5 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH/Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- In close collaboration with the WASH/Shelter PM expand, develop, coordinate and manage NRC’s WASH and Shelter projects Anbar area program.
- In close collaboration with WASH/Shelter PM or Specialists, develop appropriate modalities for project activity implementation (contractor driven, community driven, owner driven, tenant driven or mixed modality).
- In close collaboration with WASH/Shelter PM, develop for both Wash and Shelter awareness and information / education / communication (IEC) materials, beneficiary and community engagement tools, and minimum standard specifications for WASH project implementation.
- Manage the NRC project staff, providing on the job technical training as required to increase the capacity of the team.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (preferably in Public Health, WASH or Engineering.
- At least 3 year’s experience in implementing Shelter and WASH projects within a humanitarian/recovery context especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbal and written is required.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.