Deadline: 27 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Networking and partnership building.
- UNICEF and Government Accountability.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- Evidence Generation, Data and Information Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following is required: public health, social sciences, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, water or sanitary engineering, development studies or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- 2-4 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience in M&E plus reporting of community-based demand driven WASH projects, including in the use of participatory methodologies.
- Analytical skills and report writing ability are essential together with IT skills, including experience of MS Excel or MS Access (pivot tables and functions).
- Experience in networking amongst government agencies, NGOs, the private sector and development partners are essential.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.