Deadline: 27 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Networking and partnership building.
- UNICEF and Government Accountability.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- Evidence Generation, Data and Information Management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following is required: public health, social sciences, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, water or sanitary engineering, development studies or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- 2-4 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience in M&E plus reporting of community-based demand driven WASH projects, including in the use of participatory methodologies.
- Analytical skills and report writing ability are essential together with IT skills, including experience of MS Excel or MS Access (pivot tables and functions).
- Experience in networking amongst government agencies, NGOs, the private sector and development partners are essential.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.