Deadline: 30 August 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Cotonou, Benin.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Draft the WASH inputs for the situation analysis.
- Strengthen national government WASH sector monitoring systems, with a focus on WASH outcomes (behaviors), using bottleneck analysis tools available in the sector (WASH-BAT, CSOs, SDAs).
- Monitor UNICEF-supported activities through field visits, surveys and exchange of information with partners, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and refer to relevant officials for timely interventions.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements to ensure UNICEF is prepared to deliver on its commitments for WASH in case of an emergency.
- Prepare materials for WASH programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund-raising.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- 1 year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken, and written) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.