Deadline: 23 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water and Sanitation Assistant in Tyre, Lebanon.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Water and Sanitation Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the WASH function portfolio according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Emergency Response function.
- Monitor and report on the Water and Sanitation activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards.
- Ensure minimum WASH standards (based on SPHERE) are applied and maintained in schools.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in program daily implementation as per the set NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensures reporting and breaches / concerns to the line manager for proper action.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Public Health, Social Work or any related field.
- 0-1 year of experience working within Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proficiency in MS Office (words and excel).
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of the context of Refugees informal settlements and/or urban settlements.
- Experience with start-up of projects.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.