Deadline: 23 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water and Sanitation Assistant in Tyre, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Water and Sanitation Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the WASH function portfolio according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Emergency Response function.
- Monitor and report on the Water and Sanitation activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards.
- Ensure minimum WASH standards (based on SPHERE) are applied and maintained in schools.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in program daily implementation as per the set NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensures reporting and breaches / concerns to the line manager for proper action.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Public Health, Social Work or any related field.
- 0-1 year of experience working within Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proficiency in MS Office (words and excel).
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of the context of Refugees informal settlements and/or urban settlements.
- Experience with start-up of projects.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.