Deadline: 11 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Honduras.
The Social Policy Specialist will be accountable for effective engagement in social policy dialogue with the Government for programme development, advocating for increased public resource allocation and budgeting towards the social sector.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Promote the advocacy for juvenile justice reform, supports child rights-based reviews of national, provincial and local legislation, in close consultation with community-level structures and supports the health and education sectors and the social welfare system for children.
- Provide on-going support in making decentralization sustainable through adequate local support while keeping decentralized services both accessible and effective.
- Collaborate with the central and local authorities to strengthen community-based capacity on quality data collection, analysis for policy development, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of social policy and programmes.
- Develop programme plans of action for children at provincial and district/municipality levels.
- Strengthen coordination between sectors and between different levels of government structures for policy implementation.
- Collect systematically qualitative data for the sound and up-to-date assessment of the situation of children and women to provide the base-lines for result-based decisions on interventions and evaluations.
- Provide timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development.
- Promote and raises awareness on children’s rights with both the general public and with policy makers, utilizing effective information dissemination, mass media campaign, special events, and other means, to ensure local buy-in, commitment, and continued relevance of UNICEF programming.
- Support and contribute to effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the country programme.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Developing country work experience.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.