Deadline: 23 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Programme Development Manager in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The duration of this post is 24 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop WASH & Shelter strategies, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, WASH and Shelter tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage CCs WASH and Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of PNPI/refugees/IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy..
- Initiate and conduct new assessments, and develop new program proposals within WASH and Shelter, linked to the country strategy.
- Recruitment of project staff and ensure capacity building and transfer key skills in order to build a strong national project team.
Applicants must have:
- 3 year’s of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with WASH and Shelter.
- Experience and knowledge of the Latin American context is an asset.
- Experience with start-up of new WASH and Shelter programs, including assessment, developing program strategies and proposals.
- Experience in working with an integrated programming approach.
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff, and aptitude for community mobilization.
- Knowledge and understanding of behaviour change methodologies, hygiene promotion and prevention of infection.
- Ability to use ICT software to develop proposals, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.