Deadline: 18 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant will be responsible to assist the Shelter Officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of Shelter activities being implemented by DRC.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant will perform the following functions:
- General Programming & Operations
- Carry out Shelter needs assessment for returning refugees and IDPs and using results in designing intervention measures.
- Monitor Shelter activities, construction works progress, budgets, costs and schedule in accordance with project plan and taking of appropriate actions.
- Ensure archiving of Shelter logs and procurement records.
- Participate in preparations of Shelter flight and vehicle plans.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to shelter.
- Represent DRC at shelter meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings at field level.
- Ensure integration of Shelter activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, RRM and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Project development
- Assist in developing project plans and budgets for funding.
- Assist in developing the projects’ M&E tools.
- Assist in project implementation and reporting.
- Prepare WASH weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as tasked by Shelter Officer.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Water Engineering, Architecture or technical courses from recognized institution.
- Diploma in Civil/Water Engineering, Architecture, or technical courses from recognized institution.
- At least 1-year experience in implementation and evaluation of Shelter and NFI distribution projects.
- Knowledge of Shelter Approaches.
- Good IT skills (especially MS Office).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri is a requirement.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied, Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer should be addressed to “Recruitment Manager” through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.