Deadline: 18 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Infrastructure Manager in Gambella, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Shelter and Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation and strategic direction of the organization’s current and future shelter and infrastructure activities in Gambella regional state.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter and Infrastructure Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage all shelter and infrastructure staff, supporting respectful and positive working relationships, which allow for the effective implementation of all of DRC’s shelter and infrastructure activities. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support and capacity building.
- Under guidance of Area Manager, works on the development of shelter and infrastructure related budgets for new projects, detailed tracking of on-going shelter and infrastructure related spending and participates in monthly ‘budget versus actual’ meetings.
- Programming and Technical Support:
- Manage the Gambella field office’s shelter and infrastructure teams, ensuring all teams are fully compliant with DRC systems and are well organized and maintained.
- Responsibilities will range from overseeing infrastructure-related needs assessments, site planning and layout sites in coordination with ARRA and UNHCR representatives, ensuring compliance with ARRA and UNHCR shelter strategies and regulations, and developing technical designs and drawings.
- Collaborate closely with the Area Manager to develop relevant and responsive shelter and infrastructure activities that are highly participatory and not only provide the targeted refugee populations with shelters and facilities, but also engage them actively in learning, capacity building and incentive work opportunities
- Finance and Administration:
- Assist to Area Manager and Deputy Area Manager in follow up and budget spending relevant to all shelter and infrastructure-related activities in Gambella, and contributes to the development of shelter and infrastructure-specific budgets and spending plans.
- Collaborate regularly with the Gambella finance team to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of grants and reports the findings to Area Manager
- Human Resources:
- Manage DRC’s Gambella shelter and infrastructure team and support respectful and positive working relationships which allow for the effective implementation of all shelter and infrastructure activities. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support, capacity building and strong knowledge of core humanitarian concepts.
- Support site-level recruitment processes for the shelter and infrastructure team, and ensures that relevant staffing structures are in place and are reflective of appropriate gender balance.
- Logistics and Procurement:
- Collaborate with the Gambella Area Manager and logistics and procurement teams to develop and maintain shelter and infrastructure-specific procurement plans.
- Regularly review shelter and infrastructure-related procurement plans with the Gambella Area Manager, and Addis Ababa-based supply chain staff team to adjust spending as required in advance of project closure.
- Safety and Security:
- Coordinate with and reports to Gambella Area Manager in ensuring the safety of all shelter and infrastructure staff.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, architecture, construction sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of management experience at a mid- to senior-level, preferably experienced within the NGO field.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and other relevant engineering design software.
- Fluency in verbal and excellent written English.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of Amharic is a must.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.