Deadline: 19 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Settlement Specialist in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Shelter and Settlement Specialist will be responsible to provide technical leadership to the Shelter and settlement programme, ensure quality programming and develop new strategic directions to grow the Shelter and settlement response in Mali.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter and Settlement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop Shelter and settlement CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Shelter and settlement, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team.
- Ensure that key learning are extracted from Shelter and settlement implementation, and incorporate them in Shelter and settlement and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of Shelter staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Minimum 2 years of shelter and or settlement core competency expertise (as Specialist or Project Manager).
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English and french, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Sahel region and the Malian context specifically is an advantage.
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes.
- Experience with urban and area-based programming.
- Experience in team capacity building.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.