Deadline: 13 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and Settlements Programme Development Manager in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Shelter and Settlements Programme Development Manager will be responsible to design, develop and implement CC (Core Competency) programme/project in a small and medium size Country Operation or a start-up/small CC in a large country.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter and Settlements Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions-
- Develop Shelter and Settlements strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Shelter and Settlements tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Shelter and Settlements project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Line manage Shelter and Settlement PCs at AO level in Anbar as needed until nationalization plans are realized.
- Matrix support to Shelter PMs throughout Iraq mission for quality checks and capacity building.
- Responsible for Shelter and Settlements implementation as per NRC and donor rules, regulations and policies.
- Ensure high quality proposals and programme development is in place.
- Support creation of integrated programme model with other core competencies, including the development of integrated needs assessments and macro log frames.
- Ensure a strategic and principled transition of activities from emergency to early recovery and durable solutions focused programming.
- Design, develop, and adapt programme approaches, activities and SOPs that can be piloted and expanded throughout Iraq, including cash based programming.
- Higher-level programme development both within NRC and with external stakeholders.
- Ensure capacity building plans are in place for national staff in all AOs.
- Participate in external coordination meetings relating to shelter, WaSH (as needed), HLP and relevant technical working groups.
- In close collaboration with the Advocacy Manager, articulate concerns and organize relevant evidence pertaining to shelter and settlements that contribute to NRC’s advocacy goals in Iraq.
Applicants must have:
- 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical shelter & settlements expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- University Degree in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq.
- Direct experience with Shelter projects is essential.
- Capability to establish good and respectful relationship with other actors.
- Experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration.
- Proven skills and experience in successfully managing field teams and distributions.
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian principles and their application in high-risk environments marked by the presence of armed actors.
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability.
- Ability to work under time pressure, in demanding setting, with limited resources, independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Proficiency in spoken Arabic would be viewed as an asset.
- Experience with participatory fieldwork, methodologies, monitoring and reporting.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.