Deadline: 13 March 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and WASH Officer in Tehran, Iran.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Shelter and WASH Officer will responsible to support all Shelter/WASH activities in Sistan and Baluchestan province.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter and WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Shelter Wash projects portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Engage with partners and stakeholders as required.
- Support to NRC Logistics Department with procurement of materials and supplies.
- Conduct regular gap assessments in urban and rural refugee communities.
- Monitor the implementation and utilization of NRC facilities and services provided and propose course of actions for improvement.
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to NRC’s contractors.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in Civil engineer (Architecture major would be considered, if combined with sound civil work experience).
- At least 5 years of work experience with similar responsibilities.
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts, preferably working with Gov. bodies.
- Fluency in English and Persian, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in related software including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with NGO/INGO will be a plus.
- Experience working in WASH sector, as well as with local communities will be a plus.
- Emergency Response experience is a plus.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.