Deadline: 14 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and WASH Project Manager in Tyre, Lebanon.
The Shelter and WASH Project Manager will be responsible to implement both the delegated Shelter and Wash portfolios and ensure high quality and cost effective programme implementation within the designated geographical area.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter and WASH Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage NRC Shelter WASH project staff in South Lebanon.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area, and programme strategies; and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Shelter and Wash projects.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage the Shelter and Wash programmes in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements; including Development, management, and monitoring of budget(s) according to NRC Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Ensure that project processes and related information are properly documented and ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Provide regular analysis on the internal and external coordination, the referral system and the emergency response at area level.
- Implement the Shelter WASH programme as per the Shelter and WASH national strategies.
- Work with the other core competency teams (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistane (ICLA) and Education) on joint-programming, multi-sectorial community response and Neighbourhood Profiling.
- Ensure most vulnerable refugees are targeted by the Programme, taking into account people with special needs, gender, and protection issues.
- Monitor programme outcomes and outputs for each grant, as indicated in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) matrix
- Ensure consistency in data management from field reports to database and reporting.
- Monitor and address referrals of refugee complaints to provide timely feedback, according to the corresponding complaints feedback response mechanism and procedures.
- Facilitate donor visits at the area level when required.
- Provide feedback and updates on Shelter WASH procedures and guidelines to concerned management whenever required.
- Conduct multi-sectoral needs assessment to inform program design and delivery in coordination with NRC core competencies and existing external actors.
- Coordinate with other actors, including UNHCR, MoSA, municipal authorities and NRC consortium partners regularly.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Master’s degree in Architecture, Urban Planning and/or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 4 years of managerial and/or senior technical experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience of coordination and advocacy.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in humanitarian and developmental responses in urban displacement.
- Proficiency in integrated settlement-based programming.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of urban context.
- Strong data management and Monitoring and Evaluation skills.
- Strong capacity building skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Access appreciated.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.