Deadline: 21 June 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Coordinator in Zahle, Lebanon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Activities’ Design:
- Define the key outcomes and approach for Plan International’s Shelter activities in Lebanon in line with national strategies.
- Participate in planning and conducting assessments and baseline studies in target locations by providing inputs on relevant technical areas and activities.
- Participate in planning activities and components relating to Shelter, ensuring sustainability and compliance with established norms and standards.
- Support the development of quality concept notes, proposals and log frames.
- Quality Implementation and Monitoring:
- Coordinate closely with partner INGO’s Shelter technical focal point to ensure a unified approach to the Shelter component under the common project.
- Work closely with the local partners’ shelter technicians and provide them with technical guidance to ensure a quality assessment of households’ needs and appropriate response (repair, rehabilitation, construction, other).
- Oversee the implementation of Shelter activities and the progress towards meeting the targets in line with the proposal, log frame and work plan.
- Prepare spending plans for the Shelter component in coordination with the Plan Project Manager and partners, and monitor them throughout all phases of the project.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 year’s of professional experience in shelter programming in humanitarian settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering, architecture, construction, urban planning or other environment related field.
- Experience in Project Management, both on a programmatic and financial level.
- Experience working on projects targeting adolescents and youth, especially adolescent girls and young women is preferred.
- Experience working on projects in partnership with international, national and local NGOs is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English is mandatory.
- Excellent ability to write reports, briefing papers and research in English.
- Excellent skills in project monitoring, time management, and problem solving.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver briefings and trainings.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.