Deadline: 31 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Zabul Province, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Officer will perform the following functions:
- Establish good contact and linkages with other humanitarian actors in the field, authorities and communities.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting technical assessment of shelter needs.
- Responsible for the preparation of BoQs for the shelter repairs, as well as for the financial follow up, including cost estimation, preparation of financial documents, etc.
- Lead in beneficiary selection processes through agreed criteria and guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader, ensure smooth and timely planning and implementation of the project.
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader, being responsible for all the financial and procurement documents related to the project to be in place.
- Coordinating and conducting emergency field distributions (distribution of cash for shelter repairs).
- Conducting market assessments and market monitoring.
Applicants must have:
- At least graduated 12th, university degree in engineering is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, prior experience in emergency shelter responses is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of the assigned Districts and demonstrable acceptance by local and traditional authorities.
- Good experience of field work.
- Specific experience in shelter projects is an asset.
- Experience in Cash Based Assistance, Monitoring and evaluation and/or experience of survey and assessment works.
- Good communications skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Pashto and local languages.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing ability.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.