Deadline: 31 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Zabul Province, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Shelter Officer will perform the following functions:
- Establish good contact and linkages with other humanitarian actors in the field, authorities and communities.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting technical assessment of shelter needs.
- Responsible for the preparation of BoQs for the shelter repairs, as well as for the financial follow up, including cost estimation, preparation of financial documents, etc.
- Lead in beneficiary selection processes through agreed criteria and guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader, ensure smooth and timely planning and implementation of the project.
- Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader, being responsible for all the financial and procurement documents related to the project to be in place.
- Coordinating and conducting emergency field distributions (distribution of cash for shelter repairs).
- Conducting market assessments and market monitoring.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least graduated 12th, university degree in engineering is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, prior experience in emergency shelter responses is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of the assigned Districts and demonstrable acceptance by local and traditional authorities.
- Good experience of field work.
- Specific experience in shelter projects is an asset.
- Experience in Cash Based Assistance, Monitoring and evaluation and/or experience of survey and assessment works.
- Good communications skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Pashto and local languages.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing ability.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.