Deadline: 3 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Irbid, Jordan.
The Shelter Officer will be responsible to manage, plan and allocate resources form their teams to achieve targets for each modality or activity executed in the shelter department.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Officer will perform the following functions:
- Supervise Technical Assistants – Performance, Arrival Time and Field time (20%).
- Manage the Shelter Field Unit, including planning activities, allocate resources and guide teams (20%).
- Coordinate and liaise with other teams if required (5%).
- Execute Field Assessments, follow up cases and trouble shoot cases (55%).
- Other Functions that might be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
Applicants must have:
- College/diploma degree or equivalent in Social Work or Engineering or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar field.
- Strong management and communication skills and must be details oriented, well organized and planned to handle multiple tasks in the field as well as the in the office and with the team.
- Interest in this project to share their experience and provide their input to make a difference for vulnerable people.
- Highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.