Deadline: 8 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The purpose of the Shelter Officer is day to day implementation of the Shelter Project activities in Maiduguri.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Officer will perform following functions:
- Supervise the Shelter assistants.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans.
- Support supervisors in pre-evaluation and anticipation of needs and in site supply planning.
- Under the supervision of the Shelter Coordinator and/or the shelter Programme Development Manager, initiate the drafts of technical drawings, develop Bill of Quantity and technical specification notes for shelter projects.
- Assist the Shelter Coordinator in the development of site planning and other related designs delegated.
- Assist the shelter coordinator, to develop emergency shelter designs and organize emergency responses.
- Responsible for preparation and follow up of procurement requests and updating the procurement database.
- Work closely with logistics and community members to accurately control the quantities and qualities of materials delivered.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in civil engineering or architecture.
- Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the local language Kanuri, Hausa.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- Experience household training in and infrastructure maintenance.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ARC GIS and Google Earth.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.