Deadline: 5 December 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Programme Development Manager in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
The purpose of the Shelter Project Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible for development of the Shelter and Settlements programme in Afghanistan regarding durable solutions (permanent shelter construction, informal settlement normalization, and relevant Housing, Land, and Property rights), as well as implementation of Shelter projects in south region.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead programmatic development countrywide of holistic durable solutions.
- Develop technical SOPs / guidelines and relevant components of Shelter Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Shelter tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Oversee effective project cycle management (including implementation) and reporting of the Shelter grant, primarily in southern Afghanistan.
- Responsible to deputize for the Area Manager South Region or Shelter Specialist as necessary.
- Develop relevant technical and managerial capacities of South Region Shelter Team, with a view to transition project/implementation management to an Afghan project manager.
- Responsible for development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports regarding durable solutions-focused shelter grants.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Shelter and Settlements project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Technical Shelter & Settlements expertise.
- Experience in staff capacity development as part of nationalization processes.
- Experience with programme development and direct implementation in high-risk environments.
- Applied knowledge of HLP rights, in practice and as integrated with shelter upgrade or construction programming..
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal .
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan (an added advantage).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.