Deadline: 16 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Programme Development Manager in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop Shelter strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible for developing funding proposals (including multi-sectoral proposals), project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements .
- Ensure capacity building of project staff (including training) and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Emergency & Protracted crisis Shelter assistance in rural and urban contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of refugee camps in Tanzania advantage.
- Background in engineering or architecture.
- Experience of working with UNHCR.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.