Deadline: 25 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Specialist in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop Shelter Core Competency strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Core Competency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Develop proposals, project reviews and modifications, including budgets.
- Consolidate and develop internal and external reports and other materials.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 year’s of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Minimum 2 year’s of shelter core competency expertise (as Specialist or Project Manager).
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Lake Chad Basin region and northeastern Nigeria context specifically.
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes.
- Experience in team capacity building.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.