Deadline: 25 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Specialist in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Shelter Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop Shelter Core Competency strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Core Competency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Develop proposals, project reviews and modifications, including budgets.
- Consolidate and develop internal and external reports and other materials.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 year’s of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Minimum 2 year’s of shelter core competency expertise (as Specialist or Project Manager).
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Lake Chad Basin region and northeastern Nigeria context specifically.
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes.
- Experience in team capacity building.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.