Deadline: 9 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter & WASH Officer in Tehran, Iran. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Shelter & WASH Officer will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the education project.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter & WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Implement delegated Shelter Wash projects portfolio according to plan of action during emergency response.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most affected, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Conduct regular need assessments in urban and rural emergency areas.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Coordination with NRC partner in the province, Society for Recovery Support (SRS) for implementation of NRC emergency projects.
- Monitor the implementation and utilization of NRC facilities and services provided and propose course of actions for improvement emergency response.
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to NRC’s contractors.
- Report updated needs and priorities of the affected population to NRC SW/EER unit timely.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Civil engineer (Architecture major would be considered, if combined with sound civil work experience).
- At least 3 years of work experience with similar responsibilities.
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts, preferably working with Gov.bodies.
- Fluency in English and Persian, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in related software including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with NGO/INGO will be a plus.
- Experience working in WASH sector, as well as with local communities will be a plus.
- Emergency Response experience is a plus.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.