Deadline: 23 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure in Anbar, Iraq. The duration of this post is 9 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure will perform the following functions:
- Lead and manage the Shelter team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development) – and WASH team, if WASH activities will be implemented in the future.
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities.
- Ensure daily monitoring of area.
- Assess the daily quality of the implementation.
- Provide technical support and inputs.
- Supervise contractors during construction work.
- Capacity building of the team for technical cash for shelter intervention and community outreach.
- Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Update Monthly Project Management tool and monthly work plan.
- Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues.
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure and facilitate integration with other DRC sectors.
- Project development
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding.
- Develop/adapt projects tools.
- Project implementation and reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate projects.
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work.
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Preferable previous work experience with shelter and cash for shelter programs.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Proven technical management skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.