Deadline: 4 June 2016
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Human Resources Officer in New York, United States.
OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice and support to CRD managers on recruitment related matters.
- Keep abreast of developments in various areas of human resources, in particular as they relate to recruitment.
- Coordinate with client offices in identifying upcoming vacancies.
- Prepare vacancy announcements, reviews applications, and provides a short-list to clients’ offices.
- Review recommendation on the selection of candidate by client offices.
- Prepare cases for appointment and promotion bodies.
- Monitor the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out recruitment activities.
- Supervise the maintenance of CRD’s Staffing database.
- Provide guidance to CRD managers on the application of classification policies and procedures and by undertaking whole office review.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A first-level university degree and no experience will be accepted for candidates who have passed the Young Professionals Programme Examination/United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the General Service to Professional Examination (G to P).
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in recruitment for field operations with the United Nations or another international organization is required.
- Fluency in English is required. English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OCHA.