Deadline: 16 February 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Team Leader, Programs – Pacific Labour Facility in Brisbane, Australia.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Team Leader, Programs will perform the following:
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Deputize for the Team Leader at external stakeholder engagement events and functions.
- Develop and execute PLF strategies that will drive long term and sustainable circular labour mobility results in accordance with the PLF’s objectives and DFAT policies.
- Ensure all project activities are compliant with relevant DFAT and Palladium policies.
- Oversee the development of a culture of high performance through the application of adaptive management principles.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders (including DFAT, Posts, PIC agencies, other government agencies and other DFAT programs).
- Act as a trusted intermediary, and coordinate engagement between multiple stakeholders, including employers, workers, DFAT, other government agencies, LSUs in Pacific Countries, the APTC, industry groups and unions.
- Promote effective internal working relationships with the PLF management and leadership maintaining a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Human Resource Management
- Line management of the Supply, Demand and Worker Welfare Leads including performance planning and reviews, coaching and mentoring, and problem-solving.
- Promote strong communications (particularly with those staff who are geographically isolated from the rest of the team).
- Ensure all team members understand and adhere to PLF policies and procedures, including through regular training and updates.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 15 year’s relevant work experience in team leadership and management, particularly for a diverse/multi-cultural team.
- Demonstrated competence at managing large complex programs and diverse, multi-cultural teams.
- DFAT experience would be an asset but is not a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to think and work strategically, and to devise short-term tactics and interventions that will generate long term results that will be sustained.
- Demonstrated ability to engage tactfully, respectfully and productively with government representatives, both in donor countries and in developing countries like the Pacific.
- Experience working with donors and governments in the Pacific.progr
- Demonstrated experience in risk management.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills including cross-cultural experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Extensive staff and resource management experience.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.