Deadline: 12 April 2019
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director, Human Resources Management in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Director, Human Resources Management will develop and update the HR Strategy to ensure IsDB remain competitive employer attracting and retaining high quality talent to execute its strategy and deliver on its transformative mandate.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Human Resources Management will perform the following functions:
- Workforce strategy:
- Oversee and drive the development and implementation of the HR Strategy and related policies/ plans to promote IDB as an attractive place to work and to retain staff for satisfying its business needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the human resources delivery model to deliver HR services as defined by the HR strategy
- Promote the IDB employment brand and Employee Value Proposition (EVP) through effective communication and presentation on the IDB career portal, social media, and human resources publications
- Quality and development of leadership and talent:
- Supervise the acquisition of employees / talents through effective sourcing, recruitment, selection and on-boarding strategies to fill regular, fixed-term and temporary positions in the bank
- Manage the formulation and implementation of the performance and talent management framework to attract, motivate and retain the appropriate talent
- Oversee the design and implementation of effective talent management programs (e.g. YPP) that enhance organizational capabilities by consistently supplying high performance and high potential talent to meet the bank’s human capital needs
- HR operations:
- Provide guidance to the business on strategic and operative decisions and on strategy/initiative implementation (e.g. expansion, downsizing, restructuring, decentralization, outsourcing) from an HR perspective to help shape decisions and processes driving organizational change and pro-actively supports business transformation
- Provide advice, consultation and guidance on human resources matters to IDB business units on the design, development and implementation of talent attraction, and on the development and retention programs to support IDB’s vision and business objectives
- Revise existing policies and guidelines or develop new ones in support of such strategic changes.
- Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the network of HR Business Partners, gaining strong acceptance on the level of the President/Vice Presidents and building personal credibility based on business acumen and insight, HR expertise and advisory skills
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to direct reports in the Center of Competence as well as in the HR Service Center, and communicates to direct reports clear performance expectations
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership for the department, and communicates to direct reports clear performance expectations
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any relevant discipline for bank (business, etc.).
- Certification from any of the leading global HR certification authorities/organizations is desired.
- 7+ years of human resources experience in a related sector.
- 6+ years of managerial/ supervisory experience.
- Solid understanding of full range of HR topics; recruiting, performance management, talent management, development, compensation & benefits, HR operations, HR strategy.
- Ability to adapt to changing business circumstances to maintain effective performance of complex.
- Strong personal values, ethical compass and impeccable integrity.
- High degree of confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations.
- Ability to stand for and defend approved policies and staff rules and resist undue pressure.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IsDB.