Deadline: 25 May 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Human Resources in Kenya.
The Head of Human Resources will lead the human resource function of the hospital.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Human Resources will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on Human Resource issues, and help develop and/or review human resource policies for the hospital in-liaison with sister Agencies and Head of HR – Geneva, Switzerland.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy by advising the senior leadership team on the human resource implications of strategic decisions.
- Coordinate training and development of the existing human resource, recruitment, and retention strategies form a key component of this function.
- Working through a team of other HR professionals and will be required to deliver top quality workforce planning, recruitment, performance management, development and talent management, industrial relations and effective legally compliant HR administration, payroll and HRIS.
- Deal effectively with union matters including negotiations on collective agreements to ensure industrial harmony.
- Implement staff compensation and benefits plans in accordance with the policies of The Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya.
- Advise senior leadership and line managers with regards to human resource planning in line with the hospitals operational plan / budget and strategic development.
- Ensure that the hospital’s recruitment and selection is in conformity with Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya policy and procedures.
- Ensure all new employees are adequately inducted into the organization and department.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage.
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources with a minimum of five years of HR management experience including exposure to working in an international environment.
- Healthcare organization working experience is a desirable requirement.
- Current and valid membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management (K).
- Excellent problem solving skills, effective interpersonal communication, excellent written and verbal communication in English, strong analytical skills, excellent coach and mentor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and be conversant with Human Resource Management System (HRMIS).
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.