Deadline: 30 April 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Human Resources in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Human Resources will perform the following functions-
- Partner with the Regional Director to drive the People Strategy implementation in a highly evolving operating environment for the delivery of the region’s operational goals and WFP’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in business planning as a member of the RBD leadership team, and provide comprehensive HR strategic partnering to translate the region’s operational goals into a people plan.
- Proactively work with the Regional Director to drive workforce planning which enables RBD to forecast and plan ways of building a diverse and high-performing workforce to meet its medium and long terms operational needs. This includes building national staff’s capacities and engagement in ways that respond to the region’s strategic and operational needs.
- Lead, plan and execute organization development initiatives as needed by the RBD leadership team, such as organization design, change management, employee engagement and career development.
- Utilize the talent development processes and tools delivered by the WFP HR Centre of Expertise in order to develop the diverse talent pipeline for both the region’s current and future capability requirements.
- Support managers to deliver on WFP’s mandate through enhancing their capability to manage their people, implement changes and drive performance.
- Provide executive coaching to senior leaders and leadership teams in the region.
- Interface with key roles and functional areas including HR Operations, HR Centre of Expertise, other Regional HRBPs, Finance, Legal, and third party service providers.
- Responsible for building strategic HR capacity in the region, and country offices under its management oversight.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources Management or a university degree in Human Resources Management, combined with a professional certification in the area of Human Resources Management is required.
- At least 11 years of postgraduate progressively responsible experience as a HR Business Partner, with most recent 5 years at global level.
- At least 3 years in a strategic partnership role, supporting and influencing senior executive leadership.
- Strong organization development and change management experience.
- Experience leading teams and navigating in a large, complex and matrix corporate
- Designing and implementing HR strategies and business processes globally.
- Fluency (proficiency/level C) in both of English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.