Deadline: 22 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Assistant in Mariupol, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The HR Assistant contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law.
- Update recruitment tracker.
- Send out job offers and process the paperwork for new hires.
- Send contract request or draft contract and/or contract extension.
- With the Head of Office, prepare and provide induction sessions for new hires in the first week of work and coordinate training for new staff during their first month.
- Collect and Prepare packages of employment documents and send them to HR Coordinatorin Kyiv to be submitted to GDIP for official employment; as well as collects document for civil agreements for short term contracts.
- Monitor and update staff leave balance.
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated.
- Update and maintain staff lists.
- Ensure that DRC internal documents are filled in correctly.
- Support in writing Terms of References for staff.
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes.
- Administrative tasks in relation staff development.
- Ensure compliance in Human Resources Administration Management to DRC Operations Handbook.
- Support people well-being initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in the related field or equivalent – Labor Economy, HR-Management, Personnel Management.
- Good command of English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Familiar with Ukrainian Labor Law Code and other relevant Labor laws and regulations, leave calculation, recruitment process
Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Speech, couch and communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Accuracy in paper work.
- Competence to keep negotiations.
- Previous experience in HR and administration is preferable.
- Finance literacy would be an advantage.
- Fast/confident typing would be an advantage.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.