Deadline: 25 June 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources (HR) Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The HR Assistant is responsible for administratively supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Administer and implement HR strategies and policies in India MCO in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations.
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements.
- Provide HR administrative and logistical services to India MCO and region in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines.
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances, and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs and visas.
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Support compliance with the performance appraisal review in the office and region and staff learning and development.
- Support in the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner.
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases.
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally:
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff.
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.