Deadline: 31 October 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources (HR) Assistant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Appointment of locally recruited staff, conference staff with travel and professional staff appointed for 60 days or less without positions.
- Extension of temporary contracts of locally recruited staff.
- Act arrangement with and without pay and extension of acting arrangements beyond one year.
- Review and administer change in Full Time Equivalent (FTE) including updating of FTE Special Information Tables (SITs) and leave and absence module, as appropriate and issuance of appropriate letters to staff members.
- Administer and prepare letters related to change in grade (reclassifications).
- Administer and prepare letters related to reassignment of staff members, without change in duty station (e.g. lateral transfer, promotions).
- Separation of locally recruited staff and administration of leave encashment.
- Review supporting documents, determine eligibility and administer language allowance and accelerated Within-Grade Increases (WIGIs).
- Process education grant final claims (except cases involving no pro-rata calculations or cases pertaining to staff on inter-agency transfers).
- Process statutory travels Travel Requests (TRs) and Retro-active Travel Claims (RTCs) (home leave, family visit, Rest & Recuperation (R&R) and education grant travel).
- Prepare letter and administer redeployment of staff within a country.
- Review supporting document and administer self-service requests, dependency related transactions, including change in personal status involving. – Domestic partnerships and same sex marriages, change in nationality, change in recognized place of residence and salary advance emergency.
- Administer planned and confirmed home leave, R&R leave, paternity leave, maternity leave, adoption leave, special leave with / without pay, leave without pay, including issuance of letters, as appropriate.
- Upload all GHR transaction related supporting documents in the L Drive for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) upload.
- Update the status of implementation in both electronic Service Level Agreement (eSLA) and HR Action Plan (HRAP).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in HR management and/or administration.
- Good technical expertise in human resources.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and web-based software.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Good analytical and general organizational skills.
- Sound judgement, integrity and tact when dealing with others.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to brief others and explain procedures.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.