Deadline: 30 July 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Business Partner in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The HR Business Partner will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating new rules, and putting in place measures to meet labor regulations in line with the Host Country Agreement (HCA).
- Oversee and manage the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) for IUCN Sri Lanka and ensure the successful delivery of operational HR services to all staff.
- Maintain up-to-date compensation and benefits monitoring reports of existing staff as a tool for comparison and analysis and act as focal person for salary surveys, reviews, equity analysis, and other matters related to total rewards.
- Develop, update and implement the local Conditions of Service (CoS) while ensuring the implementation of and compliance to human resources policies, systems and practices in alignment with the IUCN business plan.
- Ensure that accurate Terms of Reference are in place for all staff; advise and assist line managers with writing TORS and reviews as necessary.
- Facilitate the recruitment of all staff in Sri Lanka as per the IUCN Talent Acquisition Policy.
- Manage the advertisement of vacant positions and ensure relevant notices are placed on appropriate newspapers and publications, circulated through networks and placed on other online or broadcast media as appropriate.
- Organize candidate review and assessments as well as conducting reference checks.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Management, Public Administration or other socials sciences.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressive human resources experience, preferably with 2 year’s of which at the Generalist level.
- Previous experience of working with the government or regional/international organizations would be desirable, with at least 2 years’ experience in mid-level managerial role and business partnering.
- Proven understanding of HR principles.
- Experience of working with HRMS or similar HR tools.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Skills in team building, problem solving, time management, stress management and negotiations.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) with excellent communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.