Deadline: 13 March 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Business Partner in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 19 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HR Business Partner will perform the following functions:
- Maintain effective liaison with the Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment and ensure that IUCN Bangladesh complies with Bangladesh’s Employment Regulation Promulgation and any relevant labour laws and provide advice to staff members on the labour legislation and employment standards.
- Develop, update and implement the local Conditions of Service (CoS) for Bangladesh.
- Coordinate workforce planning and conduct regular review of workforce requirements at the Bangladesh Country Office.
- Liaise with the Regional HR Office, ARO on all life and medical insurance policies and ensure that these are in place at all times for all staff.
- Support the implementation of HR strategic plans and initiatives in Bangladesh.
- Execute and manage the overall recruitment process from vacancy announcement to job offer and induction for resourcing needs that come within the purview of the local HR role for IUCN Bangladesh.
- Work in partnership with line managers to develop recruitment plans and advise on the advertising and selection process and tools, conducting long-listing and short-listing of CV’s and participating in interview panels for IUCN Bangladesh.
- Administer a system for the recruitment of consultants and preparation, management and monitoring of consultancy contracts between IUCN in Bangladesh and other organizations or individuals.
- Coordinate with the Finance Unit to ensure payroll reflects accurate salary scales in accordance to staff positions and levels.
- Administer the contract management of staff in Bangladesh and make recommendations on any issues that need to be resolved.
- Oversee the contract and benefits administration concerning issuance, renewal and revision for contracts (staff, consultants, interns, secondees, etc) that come with the purview of the IUCN Bangladesh Country Office.
- Support the implementation of global initiatives relating to performance management, job family and the competency framework at Bangladesh.
- Facilitate the operationalization of the performance management cycle, including talent reviews, nominations for promotion and development initiatives, and regularly communicate with all staff in on performance management related matters.
- Organize staff training sessions, orientation, workshops and activities as and when necessary and in line with organizational needs.
- Provide guidance to line managers and staff on performance management and the application of individual work plans, performance improvement plans and performance reviews.
- Facilitate implementation of the capacity building plan. Identify learning and training opportunities for staff internally and externally.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Management, Public Administration, or a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience, inclusive of experience working in a regional / international organisation.
- Previous experience of working with government would be desirable, with at least 3 year’s experience in mid-level managerial role.
- Proven skills as an HR Generalist with proven experience and understanding of HR principles.
- Experience of working with HRMS or similar HR tools.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Skills in team building, problem solving, time management, stress management and negotiations.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other web-based management systems), Email, Internet and ability to learn other organizational applications.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.