Deadline: 16 May 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Manager in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The HR Manager will provide support, leadership and operational direction to the team members, senior management and all staff and non-staff recruited specifically for, or on loan to, the Programme.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Manager will perform the following functions-
- Provide authoritative advice: advise senior management of the Cluster on the full range of human resources issues, and in collaboration with HRD design innovative approaches and transformational procedures for a more effective implementation of human resources management during all phases of emergency preparedness and response; propose solutions for contentious cases.
- Interpret the Organization’s rules and policies pertaining to managing human resources within emergency operations, propose and develop new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), in coordination with relevant technical and administrative focal points, draw upon lessons learned from other emergency response efforts, other UN agencies and implementing partners, as required.
- Work closely with HRD/HQ and other partners, conceptualize streamlined mechanisms for administration of entitlements that would facilitate attracting, motivating and retaining staff and non-staff in emergency settings, recommend to HRD exceptions on entitlements within the designated area of functional responsibility and authority when warranted.
- In consultation with HRD, develop and establish new end-to-end HR emergency management systems or adapt the existing ones, covering all HR related functions from planning through roistering, sourcing, matching, deployment, on-boarding, on-site tracking of movements, end of assignment, staff security, health, and well-being as well as performance assessment.
- Coordinate and maintain oversight of related pre-deployment briefings and on the job training; manage the transition of these briefings to other partners.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced-level university degree in human resources management, business or public administration, law or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 5 years at the international level in human resources management, part of which in a managerial position.
- Related experience in emergency preparedness and response and knowledge of HR management in such environments.
- Related WHO or UN experience. Relevant field experience.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles, management and practices as well as procedures and operations in an international organization.
- Proven ability to multi-task across various planning and implementation processes within a stressful environment and across various groups with different partners.
- Advance knowledge of office software applications and knowledge of ERP systems.
- Expert knowledge of English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of French would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.