Deadline:25 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Officer in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The purpose of HR Officer role is to establish the NRC Human Resources department in ensuring compliance with NRC policies and procedures in Libya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s HR policies and procedures at the office.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local labour law in all procedures and processes.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Ensure that staff database and contact list are updated on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with field offices to ensure staff database in the area offices are always updated.
- Ensure that staff contact list is updated on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for arranging induction of new staff.
- Support HRO in identifying training needs/staff development for NRC in staff in Libya.
- Ensure reporting, documenting and payment of staff benefits, social security, taxes etc.
- Introduce new initiatives to improve HR system.
- Implement new initiatives of tracking system for i.e. staff leave, etc.
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Assist Support Manager in other HR and Admin related issues in Country Office, particularly related to local regulations.
- Conduct regular visit to support Field Offices to provide support to HR Officers in the field.
- Provide support for recruitment in Country Office and field offices as needed.
- This would include posting advertisement in webcruiter, shortlisting, arranging interviews, etc.
- Ensure high confidentiality is maintained in the work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in Human Resources Management/Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the Human Resources preferably in the humanitarian context, with an experience working on a range of HR areas.
- Additional useful skills include: strong organizational skills, advanced working knowledge of MS office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook), good communication and interpersonal skills,.
- Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic.
- Proficiency in English.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.