Deadline: 30 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that HBP can accurately and reliably report on its operations and activities by developing and maintaining tools for this purpose; Generate, analyse and interpret statistics.
- Monitor HBP activity, identify trends and patterns and initiate and/or plan cross-functional projects aimed at providing inputs to improve or review HR policies, processes and tools used at Headquarters and which may subsequently be adopted by the Regions.
- Monitor trends and patterns in recruitment, selection, separation and other relevant HR activities as requested.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop new tools and when preparing requests for proposals (RFPs) for external service providers for specific support.
- Coordinate and act as the HBP focal point for all the IT-related HR processes with particular attention to the Global Management System (GSM) and the online Recruitment system (Stellis).
- Manage and monitor the HQ-wide work plan to house staff on special status pending separation from the Organization. Prepare budgets, costings and proposals for a variety of HR projects and actions, such as in relation to reorganizations of existing departmental structures and separations by mutual agreement.
- Research and prepare recommendations on procurement or travel related matters as they relate to the recruitment of staff/non-staff, and in particular during large scale emergency response operations.
- Draft correspondence and recommendations on complex cases; Closely cooperating with other offices concerned, ensure that settlements of separations by mutual agreement and other types of separations or actions, as relevant, are implemented in a timely manner, monitoring and reporting on the payments and other elements regularly.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Public or Business Administration, Management, or a related field.
- Formal certification in project management (e.g. Prince2, Six Sigma or other similar programmes), monitoring and evaluation or preparation and interpretation of statistics.
- At least 5 year’s in two or more specialized fields of Human Resources, together with experience in Work Planning and Project Management, of which at least 2 year’s must be at the international level.
- Experience in the area of generating statistics for reporting on HR or other management related activities.
- Experience within the UN common system or the World Health Organization, experience in managing selections and recruitment entitlements and benefits and succession planning would be an advantage.
- Experience in using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Oracle or SAP, and in extracting data to provide information that informs decisions and actions.
- Experience in the use of an on-line recruitment platform such as Taleo would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions in a proactive and collaborative manner. Ability to think analytically and strategically and to present information in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to draft correspondence and recommendations on complex cases in a clear and convincing manner.
- Ability to organize and implement work plans that require intervention of various stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.