Deadline: 9 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Officer in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HR Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advise and support the delivery of HR services in the areas of HR Planning, selections, recruitment, contract administration, entitlements and benefits, performance management, staff development and learning to staff at all levels.
- Perform the administration and operational requirements of all selection and recruitment formalities for fixed and short-term staff and non-staff in the professional and general services categories.
- Advise and assist technical staff in the preparation of submissions for Selection for approval.
- Ensure all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff are made appropriately.
- Oversee the recruitment and selections process.
- Establish and maintain rosters.
- Provide expert advice and support to end-users on HR issues offered by the global management system and GSM effective use, in order to enable client services to achieve both operational and strategic objectives.
- Review, develop, draft job descriptions, in consultation with the relevant supervisors or Program Officers.
- Review post descriptions for new, vacant or revised positions against existing post descriptions.
- Identify changes to the post descriptions, bringing major changes to the attention of the HR Officer in the regional Office.
- Provide HR support to new comers on all HR and administrative issues and procedures.
- Act as focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e. initiation and coordination of trainings, orientations, briefings of staff members.
- Assist all staff to complete BSAFE.
- Provide Human Resources advice to management regarding staffing-related issues.
- Interact with managers to identify staff related-business issues and provides guidance, tools and support to address them in the most effective and efficient way.
- Update information on all HR issues, staff members, types of contracts and locations on monthly basis to ensure accuracy of information; Performs other functions as required by supervisor.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in human resources management, business or public administration, administrative law, social sciences or other related areas.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, business or Public Administration, administrative law, or other related fields.
- At least 1 year of professional experience with an emphasis on human resources management and planning areas in international organizations.
- Good knowledge of UN / WHO human resources management and end-to-end business processes.
- Experience in project management, ideally in the UN System and / or a public health context.
- Good knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Good knowledge of human resources management theories and principles.
- Ability to interpret Staff Rules and personnel policies and determine entitlements.
- Ability to counsel and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Expert knowledge of Portuguese.
- Beginner knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.