Deadline: 8 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Senior Assistant in Ciudad de Panama, Panama.
The HR Senior Assistant is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, completion, monitoring, and maintaining of transactions and processes covering the array of Human Resources Management service lines in accordance with UNOPS’ HR rules, regulations and policies for optimal employee and talent management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy. Advisory Services
- Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices for delivery of HR services.
- Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provides proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- As an interlocutor of HR, ensure that new hires’ impressions are positive and that they have all in-processing information completed.
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Support the completion of recruitment processes including offers and rejections, and updating recruitment on-line information system in line with UNOPS policy.
- Undertake reference checking, elements of longlisting, and organization of testing and interviews; fee calculation, minutes of general-service recruitments, Finalizes selection and other process approvals.
- Other operations support services
- As required may serve as back-up to operations support functions in the Office of the Regional Director.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- First University Degree (bachelor´s degree) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent disciplines will be considered an asset and may substitute some of the required years of experience.
- Knowledge of UN policies, procedures and practices highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory, recruitment, and/or HR-generalist services.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems including One UNOPS is desirable.
- Full knowledge of Spanish is required.
- Intermediate level of English is required.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.